The Resource The Koran : back to the origins of the book
- The Koran : back to the origins of the book
- Title remainder
- back to the origins of the book
- Statement of responsibility
- ARTE France, 13 Production present ; a film by Bruno Ulmer
- Title variation
- Coran, aux orígínes du lívre
- So entstand der Koran
- "This enlightening documentary explores the origins of the Koran, which according to Muslim tradition, has remained static and unchanged since its revelation to the prophet Mohammed between 610 and 632 CE in Mecca and Medina. However, recent discoveries of Koranic manuscripts analyzed by scientists, dating from around 680--the oldest in the world--indicate that the Koran my have a more complicated history. During the first century of Islam, different concurrent versions of the hioly book of Islam are believed to have existed and a number of different readings are possible due to the rudimentary nature of the writing in its early stages."--Container
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Executive producer, Paul Saadoun ; cinematographer, Pedro Jimenez Garcia ; editor, Florent Mangeot ; translators, Bettina Brinkmann, Hanane Naimi, Racha Abazied, Rhona Dumonthier-Finch (English version) ; music and sound creation, Fabien Bourdier
- Language note
- English, French, and German versions
- Narrated by Feodor Atkine (French/German) ; Jerry di Giacomo (English) ; Ferid Heider, François Déroche, Angelika Neuwirth
- live action
ContextContext of The Koran : back to the origins of the book
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Grand Valley State University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.